The European Commission encourages Open Science and FAIR data to improve and accelerate scientific research, to increase the engagement of society and to contribute significantly to economic growth.
All H2020 European projects that produce, collect or process research data are recommended to start dealing with the related issues, as detailed in the Guidelines on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Research Data in Horizon 2020. NFFA-Europe supports the principle of open data access as a fundamental part of its mission.
THE CLOUD PLATFORM FOR ALL NFFA USERS
With his NFFA credentials, every user has automated access to NFFA Datashare, a file share and collaboration platform hosted in a local server at CNR-IOM under its custody.
This instrument offers NFFA-Europe users a secure mean of data storage and retrieval and gives the possibility to access and process scientific data, collaborating in real time with other team members.
- Keep your scientific data safe - Upload your scientific files to have a secure backup.
- See your data anywhere, anytime - The person in charge of the scientific technique you are using will share to you all the data collected during the experiment. Access your files from any computer, smartphone and tablet.
- Share files and folders - Invite your team members or your local contact to view, download and collaborate on the files you want. Manage their permissions, set a password and an expiration date.
- Collaborate in real time - Collaborate in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations with Onlyoffice tool. Edits are saved instantly.
- Synchronize all your devices - Sync your data on NFFA Datashare to your devices downloading the Nextcloud app. Enter datashare.nffa.eu as server address.
Warning: as long as a folder is synchronized to NFFA Datashare, if you delete a file from the folder in your PC, it will be automatically deleted also from the one in NFFA Datashare and vice versa.
NFFA-Europe follows good practices to retain files of all the research data produced. The user has the ultimate control on his/her data and can access it or take it out at any time.
INFORMATION AND DATA REPOSITORY PLATFORM
NFFA-Europe set up the first integrated Information and Data Repository Platform (IDRP) for the nanoscience community. The IDRP infrastructure is intended as an online data catalogue where users can access, share and publish long tail data, becoming a recommended part of the mainstream in nanoscience, also thanks to the integration of the emerging EUDAT service B2SHARE.
This repository aims at recording all relevant metadata for a given nanoscience project, including growth/nanofabrication protocols so that the reproducibility of preparations and experiments will enable to compare complementary data obtained with different methods on valid replica samples and controlled environment conditions. The generic service stack provides enough flexibility to support various scientific communities and user types in a modular and extensible way.
For further information about our data policy click here.